Laboratories serving the Process Industries are characterized by sampling and workflow that are highly structured and optimized according to the requirements of the manufacturing supply chain, process, product, customer base, etc. Emphasis is on efficient, reproducible, automated and rapid logging, processing, and delivery of results, specification management, advanced integration with other enterprise systems (ERP, Shop Floor Control, Process Control, etc.) and the customer support function, and support for conformance to manufacturing standards (ISO, GMP).
BlazeLIMS improves performance in this mission via the following features:
- Comprehensive sample logging for manual, multiple sample, scheduled and externally triggered logging, grouped and managed by operating area.
- Configurable sampling and testing strategies for optimal quality management including “skip lot”, results carry forward, etc.
- Configurable sample identifiers for user friendly environment.
- Workflow flexibility for optimal mix of worksheet, report and barcode label production, review, approval.
- Full barcode support for positive sample identification and improved efficiency.
- Flexible speedy automated notification to all quality stakeholders to insure rapid response to information, minimal waste, etc.
- Seamless integration with Best-In-Class desktop productivity tools (Crystal Reports, NWA Quality Analyst, Microsoft Office) for high efficiency process analysis.
- Document management of methods to support ISO certification.
- Comprehensive specification management and use for manufacturing, product, customer and lot release specs.
- Highly flexible and configurable report system including comprehensive features to support virtually any COA requirements with powerful delivery features.
- Flexible event-driven, on-demand and scheduled reports delivered via Internet/intranet, file export or email.
- Powerful lot release features to control manual and automatic release in various packaging environments (boxes, bags, railcars, trucks, tanks, holds, etc.)
- Complete audit trails for traceability.
- One vendor support for instrument interfacing and automation for streamlined operation.
- Highly flexible and configurable calculation processor.
- Interfaces with other enterprise systems (SAP, IP21, PI, etc. for seamless information delivery).